This clementine mojo accompanies the smoky potluck pintxos along with our romesco sauce. I did this video separately to have a faster turnaround time. Check out this tasty sauce that does great with pork!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons clementine (or orange) juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup water or juice/drippings from pork
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste, about a teaspoon
- Heat olive oil in small saucepan over medium heat until shimmering
- Add garlic slices and cook until fragrant and starting to turn a pale golden color. Do not burn!
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil, about 3 minutes
- Allow to cool, refrigerate, and serve
Adapted from Epicurious.
Tasting and lessons learned
This was a super easy recipe to make and is a nice thing to have in your repertoire. I had always thought a mojo was more involved, but this is nothing to be intimidated by.